FREE BRADLEY MANNING!
END THE WARS!
SATURDAY DEC 17TH.
*Closest Tube: Bond St.
SPEAKERS * MUSIC * OPEN MIC
Bradley Manning, a U.S. Army intelligence analyst, faces life in prison for allegedly sharing a video of a U.S. helicopter attack that killed 11 civilians and seriously wounded two children in Baghdad, Iraq with the WikiLeaks website. The footage had been withheld by the U.S.military from those trying to discover the truth about the attacks.
Bradley Manning is being detained on suspicion of blowing the whistle on the Empire’s nefarious activities, by disclosing the “Iraq War Logs”, the “Afghan Diaries”, the “Guantanamo Files” and embarrassing U.S. State Department cables. In short, he’s been charged with telling the truth!
Bradley, who spent his teenage years in Wales, has been tortured in U.S. military custody. He has remained in U.S. military custody for the past 18 months since his arrest in Baghdad. His military tribunal pre-trial hearing begins in mid-December at Ft. Meade, Maryland, USA.
This solidarity event outside the U.S. embassy in London will be on Bradley’s 24th. birthday – a day that many of his supporters will gather outside of Ft. Meade and U.S. embassies worldwide. We invite you to join us in London to demand FREEDOM FOR BRADLEY MANNING and an END TO THE WARS!
*If you can’t make it to London, we encourage you to hold a solidarity vigil for Bradley at your closest U.S. embassy or military base or instalation involved in the war on Afghanistan and Iraq.
*More details of the London embassy demonstration to be released in the coming weeks.
**More information on the Bradley Manning case and solidarity in the U.S.
***More information on the Dec 17th. London embassy demonstration
ciaronx AT yahoo.com
Ph./Text 79 392 90576
OCCUPY LONDON UPDATED LINKS
1.ENG / Summary of the main English language global platforms
including on-line meeting details:
2. ENG / ESP / FR / Important invitation to all assemblies
email list, created to provide noiseless inter-assembly communication
and a shared newswire to the world:
[Anyone can subscribe, but only Assemblies can post – please ask your assembly to participate in this !]
3. Many Languages/ Call to a Week of Alternative Action December 10th-18th
Dec 18 Global Action for Migrants and Refugees: http://globalmigrantsaction.org/
[Endorsed by Occupy London General Assembly, Madrid International Assembly, Dublin Assembly, Assemblies in Italy, Brasil, USA and elswhere]
4. ENG/ The London International Commission initiative to develop a joint statement: This is an open invitation for assemblies to draft their own proposals and suggest platforms where to continue the discussion:
5. Many Languages / Jan 14th is the anniversary of the Tunisian Uprising and President Ben-Ali’s fleeing the country, and called globally as a ‘world day of action for popular assemblies’. See: http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/10/14ja-world-popular-assembly-day/ Occupy LSX General Assembly has endorsed idea of an event at Putney, scene of the historic 1647 Putney Debates on the English Constitution. Info at http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/10/river-march-to-putney/#comment-26105
6. ENG/ Call Out for a Pan-European Weekend of Action / March23rd-25th Proposed, in draft form at: http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/10/march-23rd-25th/ NB this specific proposal has not yet been discussed by the General Assembly of Occupy LSX although it HAS endorsed the call for one or more European-wide days of action during March. We are now in the process of taking this proposal further and we welcome your input!
7. May 2012 is under discussion as the next possible world day of action. Join the global platforms set out at 1 above, to participate in the discussion…
[If you have any additional information to help us improve our understanding, or if you have any questions or
concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org