Please note the Blockupy Frankfurt organizers’ response to the city’s ban of protest: ENG:http://17to19m.blogsport.eu/2012/05/05/city-of-frankfurt-bans-blockupy-and-our-resistance-grows-stronger/
Blockupy is now getting a lot of media attention. Please help us turn around this decision, and in the process, raise awareness of the cutbacks of democratic rights to demonstrate in Europe and of the legitimacy of taking action against the austerity politics of crisis of the EU and troika. Below are some suggestions for how to boost awareness:
1. Facebook a. Event “Blockupy Frankfurt“http://www.facebook.com/events/114778091979660/?ref=ts Click “attend” for this event. Then you can invite all your friends! If you don’t want to click around, there is a code that will do everything for you: http://diedesigner.net/social/facebook-alle-freunde-auf-einmal-einladen/
b. Page „European Resistance“ http://www.facebook.com/BlockupyFrankfurt?ref=ts Please “like” this page and share it on your wall. Please also act as multiplicators: write to us and act as an administrator for a bit. Then you can invite all your friends, and afterwards you can delete yourself from the administrator part.
c. Friends’ page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003736055456 Please send friend requests and suggest friends.
2. DIY online campaign has already started: http://www.facebook.com/notes/blockupy-frankfurt/ill-come-to-frankfurt-und-i-would-to-c-u-there/124540244347177 Photos with the banner “I’ll come to Frankfurt and i would love to C U there” are being posted. Please share and like! Here is the banner: http://blockupy-frankfurt.org/sites/european-resistance.org/files/u26/label.jpg Everybody can make signs with callouts to Frankfurt (for example, C U in Frankfurt) for actions in the coming days (especially 12M). Then just take pictures with smartphones and post directly!
3. Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/Blockupy Please: follow, re-tweet, and always use #blockupy.
4. Videos So far we have videos from Italy and Germany: http://blockupy-frankfurt.org/de/videos. Please share, like, and spread these and your own videos!
5. Other Please share the media that your groups have made on the Facebook page!
In solidarity, blockupy international working group
‘yes, the government of the city of Frankfurt plans to ban BLOCKUPY:
But before you even think about cancelling your travel plans, please note that this decision is still being heavily disputed.
Previous attempts by authorities in Germany to prohibit these kinds of protests have never held (completely) in court.
Preparations for the protests are proceeding in full gear. Here are some of the newest mobilisation clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD3aFzy4-78http://vimeo.com/41582909 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzUZUf0g5Mghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le6hp3mggmY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzWrAX2ogr8& http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVzTTE2M68
Sign a petition to demand withdrawal of the ban here: http://www.blockupy-frankfurt.org/de/protestnote Please sign – and please distribute this request to friends and comrades all over the world!
All legal means will be pursed in order to waive the ban, and under the constitution’s right of assembly chances are quite good to be successful. And even if not, our comrade Christoph Kleine from Interventionistische Linke (IL) publicly stated that ten thousands of people would be coming anyway, so a ban wouldn’t be enforceable at all.
At the moment, the rightists’ attempts to criminalize the BLOCKUPY days actually act as a major mobilization campaign – so public attention and support keep rising…
Here’s a short news article on this in English: http://news.ph.msn.com/business/frankfurt-bans-planned-anti-capitalist-protests-1