Hello from Barcelona,
This is the (almost) weekly newsletter that will inform you about the activities of 15M movement in Barcelona, Catalonia and occasionally the main events in Spain. If you do not wish to receive it anymore, please say so.
The May 15th 2011, millions of people started a process of social change, giving a clear and unmistakable signal that we are not merchandise in the hands of politicians and bankers, we have been publicly and massively expressing that the representative democracy is dying. The political class have not understood the message. Despite the growing protests and the outcry of upset people, these ruling classes are using this crisis to plunder the common wealth, risking the lives of people.
Capitalism has decided to cancel democracy and now the bankers rule us. Clearly, this 1% of the population is the legalized crime in power. The current political system leads us to disaster and we have to be the 99% who take the helm of our destiny. We demand a constituent power to recover the sovereignty that belongs to us. Therefore, on May 12th and 15th, after a 2 years protesting, we return to the streets with legitimate demands and we will continue building the alternatives.
Face to repression and blockades imposed on us from the institutions we will require a list of minimum points, since it is endangering the integrity of population with inhumane measures.
In order to guarantee the right to the existence of the 99%, we demand:
1. Not a single euro to rescue the banks. Citizen Audit of debt. We will not pay illegitimate debt created by those who caused the crisis.
2. Public, free and a quality Education and Health Care System. No cuts in welfare, not to the privatization of public services. Not repayment.
3. Fair distribution of job and wealth. Not to the precariousness. No retirement at 67. Removal of the Labor Reform. Assessment of reproductive work, domestic and care.
4. Guaranteed right on access to adequate housing. Retroactive dation in payment. Social rental housing. Promotion of housing cooperatives.
5. Tax reform that allows fairly redistribute the wealth that we produce among all. Basic Income for everyone.
6. Protection of the rights of assembly, demonstration, strikes, association and all civil liberties including the right to your own body.
Therefore, on May 12th and 15th we have been organized demonstrations everywhere and a consumer strike.
THE PEOPLE ARE THE SOLUTION!
AGENDA MAY 10th to 12th at CATALUNYA SQUARE
Friday May 10th
All day, Action ‘Papers your bank’
18:00 Press Conference
19:00 Reoccupation of Catalunya Square (with the Set Up of different Tables and Info Tents from Neighborhood Assemblies, Commissions, Collectives…)
Saturday May 11th
All day, talks and info-exchange from Neighborhood Assemblies, Commissions, Collectives…
20:00 General Assembly
Sunday May 12th
11:00 Constituent Assembly
16:30 Street Theater: ‘The three gilts evicted’ by ‘Teatre sobre la marcha’
18:00 Start of the DEMO ‘Stop financial genocide, together we can!’
From the night of May 12th until 15th, actions are decentralized. Each neighborhood, town, village, commission or working group will generate its own events and announcements.
DEMO MEETING POINTS ON MAY 12th BARCELONA
BANNERS, POSTERS… ETC. TO SPREAD OUT